This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Wildcard to pass URL to one of the arguments?

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:15 PM
I'm using a browser that requires the URL to be passed to the commandline using the following argument, inside the quotation marks:
--url=""

Is there a way to do this?
Jul 5, 2016 at 9:03 PM
Can you have a space between --url= and the "url string"? If so, you can enter "arguments" to the browser in BrowerChooser.

The resulting xml file for BrowserChooser would have this: <Arguments>--url=</Arguments> in the section for your browser.

-sakima
Jul 5, 2016 at 10:53 PM
Yeah, I tried that already. The quotes aren't necessarily required, but even without the quotes, it still doesn't work in Browser Chooser 2.

Do you mean to say that Browser Chooser 2 puts a space between the last argument and the URL? If it doesn't, then I can't understand why it doesn't work, but it doesn't.
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2016 at 1:22 AM
mmortal03 wrote:
I'm using a browser that requires the URL to be passed to the commandline using the following argument, inside the quotation marks:
--url=""

Is there a way to do this?
Not yet. It should append to the end of the line, so I'm not sure why the quoteless version did not work. I will have to dig deeper.

Oddly, this is the second time this week someone has asked for this. It will be added to the next version.

(also, the official repository has moved to https://bitbucket.org/gmyx/browserchooser2)